Best Chicken Salad EVER
How to make
1. Rub the chicken with olive oil, season with salt and pepper
2. Place the chicken in a pot with chopped onion, chopped celery and carrots.
3. Fill a medium sized pot with water and bring to a boil.
4. Turn down the heat to low and cook 2-3 until the chicken is cooked and falls off the bone.
5. Once chicken has cooled, remove the meat and shred.
6. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, grapes, apple, almonds, celery, green onions, dill and parsley.
7. Add the mayo and mustard to the chicken mix and stir until well incorporated.
· 1 chicken
· 5 baby carrots
· 2tbsp. olive oil
· 1 cup grapes red or green and seedless
· 1medium apple diced.
· 1 cup almonds (slivered or sliced – I personally like to grind them up in a mixer)
· 3 stalks of celery finely diced (one for boiling the chicken and two for the mix.)
· 3 green onions
· 2 tbsp. fresh and chopped dill
· 1tbsp fresh and chopped parsley
· 1 cup mayonnaise (I use either Primal or Sir Kensington’s organic)
· 1lemon juiced
· 1tbsp.dijon mustard
· 1 tsp sea salt or to your taste
· black pepper to taste